Finally, we made a shampoo bar and it's fabulous. It took me a long time to wrap my head around getting the shampoo into my hair, but it works beautifully.
It is packed in our super cool pre-consumer recycled factory waste box that is biodegradable. Zero waste, no plastic bottle to contend with.
This is a hard, solid bar of soap. It's harder than our regular coconut oil bars of soap. The lather has smaller bubbles. I LOVE this bar!
The ingredients: Saponified Olive Oil, 100% pure essential oil blend. That's it!
Andy and I wash our hair differently. Here are the 2 methods.
Andy's method: Get in the shower and get your hair completely wet. Take the shampoo bar and gently rub it on your hair and scalp. Lather up! Rinse and repeat. Then take a little bit of apple cider vinegar and sprinkle on your finger tips and evenly distribute through your wet hair. Rinse.
My method: My hair is long again ( a little more than 1/2 way down my back), so this takes about 5 minutes. Before I get in the shower, I sprinkle a little apple cider vinegar on my finger tips and gently and evenly distribute it throughout my hair putting a little bit extra on the tips. I then repeat this process with olive oil. I get in the shower right after and wet my hair thoroughly. Take the shampoo bar and rub it down my hair, from the scalp to the ends, on the top layer and the underside layer. Rub a little on the top of my head and wash. With the vinegar and oil treatment, the 1st wash will not produce much lather. Rinse well, and reapply the shampoo bar, for a 2nd wash. Lather up! Rinse, towel dry and my hair is shiny and full bodied.
LiXTiK and Ithaca Soap uses only organic and natural ingredients in our whole product line.
- Ithaca Soap Bars: Saponified certified organic coconut oil, certified organic sunflower oil, and 100% pure water processed essential oils (in all scented varieties. Unscented and Unscented Oat soaps do not contain essential oils).
- Ithaca Soap Liquid: Saponified certified organic coconut oil, 100% pure water processed essential oils (in all scented varieties. Unscented liquid soap does not contain essential oils).
- LiXTiK Lip Balms: Certified organic coconut oil, certified organic sunflower oil, sustainably harvested NY natural beeswax, 100% pure water processed essential oils (in scented varieties).
- Ithaca Soap Olive Oil Shampoo: Saponified olive oil, 100% pure water processed essential oils (in the Fresh Scent).
- LiX Lotion Stik: Certified organic coconut oil, certified organic sunflower oil, sustainably harvested NY natural beeswax, 100% pure water processed essential oils (in scented varieties).
- LiX Calendula Stik Lavender Mint: Certified organic coconut oil, certified organic sunflower oil; our own garden grown, hand processed, organic calendula flowers; sustainably harvested NY natural beeswax, 100% pure water processed essential oils.
- Our organic coconut oil comes from responsibly farmed coconut trees and imported by brands WHO CONFIRMED COCONUTS ARE PICKED BY FAIRLY COMPENSATED HUMAN WORKERS. We do not support or use any coconut oil farmed where slash and burn techniques are used to decimate orangutan habitat.
- ALL of our products are tested on ourselves and our families, before they go out to the marketplace.
All products and our whole factory is Free from:
- petroleum and mineral ingredients and oils
- synthetic vegetable oils
- alcohols including extracts
- artificial and mineral colors and phthalates
- artificial and coal derived fragrances
- sodium laural and sodium laureth sulfates and sulfites of any kind
- palm oil in all forms: Palm oil may seem ok, but it's production is deadly to the animals living in the same forests where these trees grow. We definitely do not use palm oil.
- GMO's in all forms, including organically grown GMO's
- soy, corn, wheat, canola, lanolin, flax, anything in the pea family including peanuts
- all tree nuts (except jojoba and sunflower seed oil, which is a seed not a nut, and coconut which is a different allergy)
Our body care conditions your skin, hair and lips to be soft, smooth and glow with its own natural beauty.
17CS is a family owned, socially responsible & environmentally aware company.