Bake a pie
A veggie pie.
The photo is broccoli with cheddar, in a buckwheat crust.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
1. A filling of cooked veggies: leftovers are great for this. If you don't have any or enough leftovers, use sliced onions, sauteed. Add if you have or want: grated zucchini, carrots, celeriac, whatever is your favorite. And / or chopped broccoli, cauliflower. Or chopped Swiss chard, kale, spinach. Whatever you have. The filling just needs to be cooked.
2. Use anything for the crust: While your veggies are cooking, make a shortbread style crust (or your favorite piecrust). Place in your pie plate and blend well:
1 1/2 C flour (wheat, buckwheat, chickpea, whatever you have) or leftover potatoes or stale bread or breadcrumbs.
3/4 C olive oil, butter (melted), any oil will do.
3. Press the crust mix in the pie plate so it evenly covers the bottom and the sides.
4. In a bowl, beat 2 raw eggs. Add about 1 C milk, water or leftover soup, and 1- 1 1/2 C grated hard or semi hard cheese (Swiss, muenster, etc) or cottage cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Evenly spread the cooked veggies in your crust. Pour the liquid over it and bake for about 45 minutes, until the liquid is golden brown.
Eat and Enjoy. Pie always makes me feel grounded.