Summer Meat Pie
I love pies of all kinds. Sweet fruit or savory vegetable and meat, I could live on pie. Here's a simple pie recipe to go with a salad or to eat by itself. I wish I took photos of this great pie, but didn't. Yours will be lovely. Share your photos!
2 medium potatoes
1/2 pound turkey sausage
1 sweet red pepper
1/2 cup flour, any kind
salt to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup of water or milk or soup broth. Whatever suites your taste.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Oil your pie plate, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Grate the potatoes. Rinse them under cold water and squeeze out all excess water.
4. In a bowl, mix the grated potatoes, with 1/4 cup of flour, salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Evenly press the potato mixture in the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides, as the crust.
6. Line the bottom the of the crust with the turkey sausage.
7. Chop the red pepper and scallions, and cover the sausage with them.
8. In a bowl, mix the remaining flour, olive oil, and water, milk or soup broth, salt. Pour this over the meat and vegetables. Sprinkle top with paprika.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until crust is brown and liquid is gelled.
10. Cool for 5 minutes, cut and serve with salad, fruit and or cheese.